Total Pageviews

Sunday 6 November 2016

Sunday Solace

 
Image courtesy of Pinterest

Hello again! As I write this, there are only 17 days until Christmas Day. Maths was never my strong point, so you might like to double check that! 

 

Pleased to say, that I'm pretty well prepared. Just the turkey to get and the last minute veggies! The deccies are up, the tree decorated, and sparkling fairy lights everywhere. 









My lovely granddaughter is 22 today. Where did all those years go?  Why does time fly by so fast ?! 



Anyway, my feature for this Sunday Solace is called "Slow Dance" ....

"Have you ever watched kids on a merry-go-round,
or listened to rain slapping the ground?
Ever followed a butterfly's erratic flight,
or gazed at the sun fading into the night?


You better slow down, don't dance so fast.
Time is short, the music won't last. 

Do you run through each day on the fly?
When you ask "how are you?", do you hear the reply?
When the day is done, do you lie in your bed,
with the next hundred chores running through your head?

You better slow down, don't dance so fast.
Time is short, the music won't last.

Ever told your child, we'll do it tomorrow,
and in your haste, not see his sorrow?
Ever lost touch, let a friendship die,
Cause you never had time to call and say "Hi"?

You better slow down, don't dance so fast.
Time is short, the music won't last. 

When you run so fast to get somewhere,
you miss half the fun of getting there.
When you worry and hurry through your day,
it's like an unopened gift, thrown away. 

Life isn't a race, so take it slower,
hear the music before your song is over. 

Yesterday, here in heavenly Devon, we had a glorious, sunny day with clear blue skies, but we had the first frost of the season....

 

 
 

I really can't recommend Verbenas enough for any of you gardeners out there. These have been in flower for over four months, and they are still standing tall after the frost!

 

Thank you for dropping by - see you again soon 💖

6 comments:

Unknown said...

A super lovely post with lots of great advice. We love you and keep the good stuff coming.
Odie

Suzanne said...

Good Morning Thisisme. Your featured poem was very suggestive of all we should be aware of. I had already performed one of the small tasks it mentions before coming over here. Scooter had asked me last weekend if we could go to the donut shop. I said yes, but never got around to it. Well, I was busy with his birthday celebrations, there was a lot going on. I have him again this weekend, and he asked me again yesterday if we could go to the donut shop. Again, we didn't get there. So, this morning, I got dressed quickly without a forewarning, then told him if he would get dressed, we would go to the donut shop! It's a small thing, but one he will remember and smile about.

I'm sorry to ramble on so much. Christmas is a lovely time of year, but it comes and goes so fast. It won't be the same without Karo.

I love your photos of the frost, and the cows. Have a wonderful Sunday-stay cozy! ♥

Southhamsdarling said...

Lovely to hear from you, Suzanne. I think we've all done that, especially with young children. Life gets in the way, but I do think it's important that we remember those words in the Post today. I'm so glad that Scooter got to get his donuts today, and I'm sure you enjoyed the experience too. When I was in America, my friend came into my bedroom just before 7am and said we were going out to Starbucks to get a take out coffee. I had mentioned the day before that I fancied one, and they didn't have any in the house. I hesitated, but I was so glad that we went out in the car in our Jammies. It was fun. Sometimes it's good to be spontaneous! I'm sure Christmas will be a bitter sweet time for year. Hugs my Texan friend.

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi Odie. What a lovely comment you've left for me today. I just want to let you know how much I do appreciate hearing from you. Thank you! ❤️

Unknown said...

Well now, since I'm a week late that means there only 6 weeks left to Christmas!! Ahhhh...

I loved that poem. It's so true. Way too many people just get through the day. Sad.

Southhamsdarling said...

Hi Bee Bee. You're obviously catching up!! I really like that poem as well. Something we should all try to remember. Yes, Christmas will be here before we know it 🎄🎄. Thanks for dropping by my awesome friend.